Lutheran Health Network Implementing Extended Safety Measures in Response to COVID-19
FORT WAYNE (March 15, 2020) - In an effort to protect the safety of patients, visitors and our healthcare team members, Lutheran Health Network has implemented extended safety measures in response to COVID-19.
Until further notice, Lutheran Health Network has implemented the following visitor restrictions:
- Visitors are limited to one adult (18 years or older) per patient.
- No one under age 18 is allowed to visit.
- No visitors are allowed in the:
- Emergency Department (except parents or guardians of a minor)
- NICU (except both baby’s parents)
- Skilled nursing, TCU or continuing care units
- Generations unit
- No visitors with respiratory or flu-like symptoms (cold, cough, fever, muscle aches) are permitted to visit patients or wait within the facility.
RediMed and MedStat Urgent Care Locations
- No visitors will be allowed (the parent or guardian of a minor is permitted).
Lutheran Health Physicians Practice Locations
- Only one visitor age 18 or older may accompany a patient.
Personal protective equipment
Designated stations have been placed throughout our hospitals, clinics and urgent care facilities that feature hand sanitizer. Patients are encouraged to sanitize their hands when entering the hospital and when entering or exiting patient rooms. Masks are provided by clinicians when appropriate.
Volunteer services across Lutheran Health Network have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
Whenever possible, it is recommended to practice social distancing, which means limiting close contact with others, especially in large groups. In alignment with the Allen County Department of Health's guidelines, community events, classes and non-essential meetings across the network have been cancelled. Contact the organizer with questions or information about future event opportunities.
Staff procedures and guidelines
Lutheran Health Network is actively implementing various procedures to support and protect employees. Guidelines have been established and we continue to proactively take measures that support our ability to serve the community at all times.
As a reminder, Lutheran Health Network is offering two easy-to-use screening options specific to COVID-19. Individuals with symptoms or concerns specific to COVID-19 can either:
- Call Lutheran Health Network's 24-Hour Information Line at (260) 435-5050 to speak with a healthcare professional who can help determine next steps.
- Use the VirtualHealthConnect app to speak with an experienced healthcare provider anywhere, anytime. Virtual visits are $40.
Individuals who have appointments for outpatient services such as physical therapy or imaging and may be experiencing risk factors such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, should call clinic staff before entering to receive additional guidance.
Patients with standing appointments, ongoing care plans or other health concerns should contact their providers prior to canceling or rescheduling appointments. We appreciate the community's understanding and compliance at this time.
Visit LutheranHealth.net for the most updated visitor restriction information and COVID-19 screening resources.